Late last year, we signed on the dotted line and are now beyond thrilled to announce we will be building Stages 2B & 3 at Iona College.
The $12.6M project includes the construction of two major buildings – a Games Hall and two-storey Specialist Learning Building.
The expansive and multi-purpose Games Hall will be home:
- A gymnasium (complete with a retractable seating zone with over 400 seats)
- State-of-the-art food tech room with both indoor and outdoor dining spaces
- Music room with breakout music rooms
- Full changerooms and amenities
The Specialist Learning Building will be the hub for various educational disciplines facilitating everything from physics to dance. The varied spaces in the building will ensure every student has access to the learning that interests them – from the scientific to the creative. The two-storey structure will include:
- Machine room
- Materials technology room (complete with everything a budding woodworker could want!)
- Digital technology room
- Design studio
- Designated physics, biology and chemistry labs
- Three general laboratories
- Staff workspaces
- Visual communications room
- Drama room
- Dance studio
- Maker lab
- General art space
- Two designated art studios
- Theory spaces
- Adaptable project space
These are massive developments to the school and we are so excited about undertaking this project. With so many awesome aspects to this huge build, we cannot wait to welcome the students and staff into their new learning and teaching facilities. In the meantime, however, we’ll leave these digital renderings here!