Since Mr Eric Lyons established E.J. Lyons & Sons Pty Ltd (now trading as Lyons Construction) in Geelong in 1929, the company has developed and expanded to become a multifaceted organization experienced and competent in all forms of construction.
The company's project base currently takes in Geelong, Bellarine Peninsula, Surfcoast Shire, Werribee and the Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
Lyons Construction is Geelong's largest and oldest Construction Company which specialises in medium to large scale commercial building projects. We are a third generation family business with an enviable reputation earned over many years, built on performance, integrity and experience.
Lyons Construction provides clients with the complete building and development package:
Design and Construction
Budgeting and Cost Control
The Lyons Construction Team is comprised of a large number of passionate, dedicated, creative and skilled individuals who are committed to providing the best possible service and product, which makes us stand out from the rest. Our knowledge and experience is second to none in the industry and the fact that some of our staff have been with us for over 30 years is proof of that. Apart from our main core of directors, contracts managers, estimators, office staff, site managers and labourers we also work closely with many architects, sub contractors and suppliers, some of which have also been with us for over 30 years. Our relationship with all of these personnel as well as our clients is the most important ingredient of continued success and longevity in a challenging industry. None of our success could ever be achieved without this great blend of people.
Lyons Construction has a number of important management systems and industry associations:
- Site Safety Management System - developed in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 and Regulations 2007.
- We are certified to the Australian Government Building and Construction OHS Accreditation Scheme.
- We are certified to AS/NZS 4801 Safety Management System.
- Quality Assurance Management System - developed in line with AS9002.
- Industrial Relations - We have a current certified Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and a good working relationship with the construction industry unions.
- Master Builder - long time member of the Master Builders Association of Victoria and multiple award winner.
- The Australian Institute of Building - long time member and award winner.
- Building Commission - Registered Building Practitioner for Domestic and Commercial Construction.