GEELONG REGIONAL CONSTRUCTION SAFETY GROUP (GRCSG) Key Points
Meeting 1 – 11 February 2019
- GRCSG NOW ESTABLISHED to serve our region with representatives from WorkSafe, commercial and domestic construction sectors, subcontractors, suppliers and hire companies.
- INFORMATION SHARING has now been enabled between employers, employees, subcontractors, employer organisations and WorkSafe.
- A “LESSONS LEARNT” PRESENTATION regarding EWP use is currently being prepared.
- CONSTRUCTION INDUCTION TRAINING (White Card) extent of acceptance in each state is under review.
- SECONDARY GUARDING ON EWP’S status of implementation is being widely researched.
Meeting 2 – 25 March 2019
- NEW GROUP MEMBER from Multi Skills Training, Graham Bowman was invited and accepted a position with the group in an ongoing role.
- SILICA DUST RISK discussion paper was tabled to the group for further discussion.
- SECONDARY GUARDING ON EWP’S is being progressively and proactively installed on Tutt Bryant existing EWP plant over the past 12 months ahead of “new design” based equipment.
- “LESSONS LEARNT” PRESENTATION 2nd draft due for submission by LC to WorkSafe for review.
- HALT “SAVE YOUR BACON” BREKKY will take place at Faggs’ Mitre 10 South Geelong store on a date to be advised.
- Group commenced discussion on supporting WorkSafe HEALTH AND SAFETY MONTH in October 2019.
Meeting 3 – 13 May 2019
- NEW GROUP MEMBER Signature Homes have accepted a position with the group giving the Domestic sector two representatives now.
- CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY attention was given to Blue Hats (worker wellbeing), Incolink Health checks, and Government Law development on Industrial Manslaughter Legislation.
- Awareness to members of the INCOLINK regular publication of their “Onsite” magazine.
- Discussion on the recent WORKSAFE PRESENTATION “Mirrored Installation” at Westfield shopping centre press report.
- WORKSAFE HEALTH & SAFETY MONTH of October 2019 – Ideas are streaming forward as a focus for our group for an activity during the month.
GRCSG contact for information: Allan Pont 0447 506 839